Teaching Multiplication Strategies

 


After spending a whole year on addition, ordering sorting of numbers, I was little bit afraid to teach my daughter multiplication, honestly I was never comfortable with it. So I had to take a step finally I decided to take step and researched, gathered resources and make up my mind to take a plunge. So here  I am with some of the tips for sisters like me J.


Step One

To create some interest, don’t jump on the copy work it will sound boring and children might lose interest, arrange some activities to make it fun. It’s not necessary that you buy a lot of things you can do it with fruit basket. We are using abacus,  sticks and time table flip over cards.

Step Two

Show them videos about multiplication. I am posting few links here what I am using. If your child is unable to memorize tables than you can use Waldrof approach of teaching tables, I made the dial
For practice, you can loop it with yarn. For farther I am posting this video to understand method.


    Waldrof Tables




  1.                                    




  2. after few weeks of fun activities start paper work.....;)


    have fun
    aslam o alykum 

    Comments