10 Ways of Managing Homeschool.


10 Ways of Managing Homeschool.

Bismillah Hiraman Niraheem.
This is my first blog regarding homeschool. Frankly when you start with a new thing specially in our part of the world there is a lot of questions and oppositions you have to face.  at first I used to get confused when someone attack me with questions, but somehow with span of time I got firm on my stance.
Alhumdulillah when I saw befits of it I think this idea should be promoted across the educated females who want to stay at home and really want to do something productive. No more words let’s get to the point, which is.. how to manage it once you have decided to homeschool your kids.
1.       First and foremost, thing that never ever compare your individual effort with a commercially established money earning schools, your humble effort to up bring your kids and to teach them mannerism and life skills can never compete with lofty outlooks of school kids however you can get better results by your consistent effort and duws.
2.       Make a schedule that suits you, like we have a loose schedule from 9 till duher prayers, in which we do a morning circle (duws, Quran reading and translation, hadith Sunnah book) after that we study Arabic, Urdu, math and English.
3.       For my four years old we do tracing and hands on activities until she gets ready for the conventional method of study.
4.       Make sure you homeschool environment is attractive enough to convince a little mind that they are not deprived of good education or making them clear that that you are doing it for economic problems. (because being bold people will make them think that your parents are treating you unjustly by not ending you the school0
5.       Make it a lifetime experience for them, in my case I take them everywhere I go to market, bank and post office let them experience real life, give them money to manage a little shopping list, instead of teaching them real life math on papers.

6.       Give them art and craft item to make things on their own, this will increase them in imagination and innovation, sometimes I got so astonished by the school kids art works but these are teacher directed stuff that don’t give them skill rather they get master in copying thing.  In start you may be get disappointed but by the time they will master in things.
7.       Do follow the curriculum because if you take them to far away from the track then it would be hard for you to fit them in system if ever you need them to be in the school. But there is a lot of liberty for you teach things as many you can they can cover the curriculum in half of the time. (for an average kids).
8.       Don’t try to make yours homeschool a race to prove yourself and your kids. They are not race horse to feed your ego so don’t waste their child hood.
9.       If your kids are exhausted take a break … do some fun filled activities visit people n places press f5 button of your life n work again.
10.   Always remember you get what you give always be ready to help others, teach your kids empathy towards every living thing, teach them how to use resources and not to misuse and waste them.
We all learn in life never hesitate to learn new things even from your own kids, for me I have learned so much in these years more than I ever learned in academia, so keep learning and keep teaching and stay tuned for more detailed blogs on the future in sha Allah ….  


  

Comments

  1. MashaAllah..so beautifully written.need more suggestions from you definitely

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I get your number or email id

    ReplyDelete
  3. JasakAllah khair for positive feedback my email address is bint.e.abdullah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how much I needed to read this! I was putting alot of unrealistic expectations on my children and myself. Thank you!one question though, How are you incorporating urdu into your homeschool?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment